Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
These are easily made vegan, and come out hearty and healthy.
- 1/2 cup whole what flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon EACH of baking soda AND powder
- 2 egg whites (can be replaced with half to two thirds of a banana)
- dash on vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (can be replaced with applesauce)Mix all dry ingredients together; stir in the wet ingredients. The batter should be the consistency of a milkshake-thick but smooth and pourable. Heat a frying pan over medium/low heat, ladle the batter in. Keep in mind it expands and rises so the pancakes don’t run into each other.After ladling the batter in, the pancake will be ready to flip when air bubbles have come through and popped on the surface. Turn pancakes over and cook until the other side is a nice golden brown color.